CALL FOR ENTRY | A LOCAL LOOK
- Date: -
- Location: Arts and Visitors Center at the Federal Building
120 Main Street
Greenwood, South Carolina 29646
An annual year-end showcase of local artists and artisans will open at The Arts Center of Greenwood in November - December, 2017. A call for entry will be open to all artists (18 years or older) within Greenwood County and local guild members of the Council of Lakelands Area Woodworkers, Greenwood Artist Guild, Greenwood Area Studio Potters and Lakelands Basketry Guild. All entries will be accepted onsite at The Arts Center of Greenwood on the dates of October 19 - 20 during regular business hours.
- COMPLETE THE PRINTABLE ENTRY FORM IN THE LINK BELOW + SUBMIT FORM WITH ARTWORK ON THE SPECIFIED DELIVERY DATES TO: THE ARTS CENTER, 120 MAIN STREET, GREENWOOD, SC 29646 -
October 19, 20 | ENTRY DELIVERY DEADLINE | 10 am - 5:00 pm
October 27 | ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION (via email)
October 28 | ART RETRIEVAL (not accepted works) | 10 am - 1:00 pm
November 1 - December 23 | EXHIBITION DURATION
November 10 | OPENING RECEPTION + PRESENTATION OF GUILD DEDICATION AWARD | 5:00 - 7:00 pm
January 5, 6 - 2018 | ART RETRIEVAL (accepted works)
- Open to all artists (18 or older) within Greenwood County and Local Guild Members of Council of Lakelands Area Woodworkers, Greenwood Artist Guild, Greenwood Area Studio Potters, and Lakelands Basketry Guild.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $15 is required for all artists who are not guild members. No entry fee required for members of the eligible guilds.
- Both 2D and 3D artwork is eligible. No size restrictions, entries must be transportable and not exceed 70” x 79”.
- Each artist may submit up to two entries only. Works will be selected by a juror. Not all works will be juried into the final show. Artists will be notified of accepted artwork via email on 10/27. Not accepted entries may be retrieved on 10/28 during regular business hours.
- All works of art must be original and not previously shown at The Arts Center of Greenwood.
- Presentation Specifications: All 2D or 3D wall-hanging artwork must be securely wired on back for hanging. No framing on gallery wrapped canvas works with depth of 1” or more. Edges should be finished. Canvas with depth of 1” should be framed. No clip mounting, no ornate or barn wood framing. Acceptable colors for framing include: white, black, natural wood or silver only. Frame molding not to exceed 1”.
- We reserve the right to reject any entry that does not meet the eligibility requirements or judged inappropriate for public exhibition.
- The Arts Center reserves the right to reproduce images of the artworks for educational and promotional purposes.
- The Arts Center will retain 30% commission on all artworks sold during the exhibit. Please price work in accordance.
Event Contact: Jennifer A. Smith | email@example.com | 864.388.7800