Greenwood’s wide variety of sports venues and complexes make it an ideal location for state and regional tournaments on any level. To download a copy of our sports planner's guide, click here.
Services from Greenwood Regional Tourism and Visitors Bureau to assist you in planning your next sporting event include:
Securing Hotel/Motel Accommodations
We will bid out accommodation requests to area hotels and provide a list of available properties including special group rates.
Securing Facilities/Site Inspections
We will assist in securing facilities that match your specific needs and will also coordinate site inspections upon request.
The Greenwood Regional Tourism and Visitors Bureau will furnish groups with maps as well as visitor's guides which include information on attractions, dining, and lodging.
Utilizing website, local and social media, your event will be well promoted through the Greenwood Regional Tourism and Visitors Bureau.
- 4 basketball courts (including Finis Horne Arena and physical education courts)
- 8 hard tennis courts
- 1 soccer field
- 1 softball field
- Stephen B. Dolny Baseball Stadium (seats 950)
- Doug Spears Softball Field (seats 350)
- Joe Cabri Tennis Center features 12 courts and a pavilion
- Van Taylor Soccer Stadium with press box
- Intramural and practice field
- Lighted walking track with synthetic turf
The Lander University Equestrian Center is located on thirty-seven acres in beautiful Greenwood, South Carolina and is home to the Lander University Equestrian Team as well as the Bearcat Therapeutic Riding Program. The Complex is equipped with a covered riding arena as well as a barn, with offices, tack rooms, feed room, wash stalls, vetting stock, and team room.
Wilbanks Sports Complex, Greenwood County Parks and Recreation
1552 Hwy 221/72 East
Greenwood, SC 29649
- 4 youth baseball fields
- 3 baseball/softball fields 290'
- 1 regulation baseball field 320'
- 1 collegiate/pro baseball stadium 400' (1500 seats)
- 6 tennis courts
- 2 soccer fields
- 1 outdoor regulation basketball court
- 1 mile walking track
- Large pavilion
- 2 picnic shelters
- Concession stand
- Portable seating
- Single gym with wooden floors, scoreboard, and air conditioning
- Double gym
- 2 racquetball courts, sound wired for referees
- 25-yard pool, with 7 lanes and 6 foot diving end with blocks
- 3 lighted soccer fields
- 2 baseball fields (1 is irrigated) with limited spectator seating
Lake Greenwood State Recreation Area
302 State Park Road
Ninety Six, SC 29666
Lake Greenwood State Recreation Area is home to one of Greenwood's most beautiful attractions. Lake Greenwood is an 11,400 acre lake with 212 miles of shoreline that offers fishing opportunities year-round and a great venue for fishing tournaments. Most tournaments are organized by professional angler associations and federations. Lake Greenwood is also open to those interested in kayaking, canoeing, and rowing, on a competitive and/or leisurely level. The public access to the lake makes it easily accessible at all times for all activities. Parking is available for up to 100 boats. In addition to the lake, this recreation area also offers visitors picnic areas, a campground, fishing pier, hiking trail and the Drummond Event Center.
114 Club Drive
Greenwood, SC 29646
- 8 clay tennis courts/4 hard tennis courts
Greenwood Country Club
607 Cambridge Avenue West
Greenwood, SC 29646
- 18-hole Golf Course
- 5 clay tennis courts/5 hard tennis courts